Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Day - 15 Longview, WA to Gresham, OR

This was a short, easy drive. Arrived at the hotel shortly after lunch.... got unpacked and decided to see some local sights.

My original plan was to drive up to Mount Hood but a little mis-direction had me following another path which actually turned out quite well. I found some great twisty, turny roads... beautiful scenery and some spectacular waterfalls.... pictures to follow.

As it got later in the day, I headed back on I84 towards Gresham. Well... I guess they forgot a sign for Gresham so I ended up seeing parts of Oregon I hadn't planned on lol. I eventually got my bearings and found my way back to the hotel.

At this point, I was really starving and decided pizza was the cure. I asked for some recommendations from the front desk and was handed a list and a map. I perused the map and found what I was looking for... Wall Street Pizza!

It was right downtown Gresham located on Main St. It was like a pizzeria from the old Brooklyn neighborhood. Hand tossed pizza... brick oven.... ahhhhhhhhh! The pizza was delivered quickly and I hurried it back to the room where I devoured it in one sitting.... yum!

The rest of the night was spent watching Dancing with the Stars and some other TV I can't remember at the moment.

Till the next time...

No comments: