Monday, September 15, 2008

Day 7 - Bozeman, MT to Spokane, WA

Another beautiful day in Bozeman, MT. Did the usual start up tasks.... shower, dress, breakfast. Checked with the front desk on the availability of running water to wash the Vette. Maintenance man arrived and hooked me up with a hose and running water. Found a shady spot and proceeded to clean off a weeks worth of dust, dirt and grime.

Just as I was finishing up the washing, the local lawn maintenance crew showed up to mow, trim and blow. I must have moved the car 4 or more times to avoid the dust. Finished up the drying and detail spray and loaded the car up for the day's drive.

Headed out around 11:30 and proceeded to I90 west for my trip to Spokane, WA. The weather was ideal for a drive... sunny and dry. The route took me around mountains and then up and down some. Stopped at a rest stop in western Montana and met up with a few Corvettes from Minnesota. Nice to see others pursuing a similar goal.

Crossed the Continental Divide at about 7,000 feet... no snow, so that was a good thing! Proceeded through the remainder of Montana and then into a short stretch of Idaho. Mixing trucks, S turns and grades of 6% downhill can make things very interesting, so had to stay on my game the entire way.

The Couer D'alene area of Idaho was beautiful. The lake there is just gorgeous. Looks like a poss for a future trip.

Made it into Washington in short order and found my way to the Days Inn for my nights stay. I checked with the front desk agent for a dinner suggestion and he recommended the Onion. Walking distance to a local establishment... a great combination. The meal of fish and chips was excellent.

Walked back to the hotel and noticed a huge full moon low in the sky. Upon my return, I got out the camera with the big telephoto and tripod and took a few shots. Returned to the room and proceeded to unwind and make plans for tomorrow. Will be heading to the Seattle area tomorrow and a place to stay for the night.

Till the next time...

No comments: